Monday, May 9, 2011

Fan Jinghua: Making Sentences with Prepositions

  Making Sentences with Prepositions

I sit by a desk, facing a white wall in a small room.
I am at home.
The sunrays are outside my window.
A group of boys are playing football on the green field across the residential quarter.
When I am not writing, I look up from the desk and look down at them running in the grass.
I know there are always people in the building beyond the green lot, although I can not see through the blue glass wall.
There must be people looking down at the players, whether I am looking or not.
I am not in the opposite building.
On Saturdays, many people go into that building, reading in the public library.
There are a boy and a girl now sitting at two sides of one of the long reading tables, separated by a frosted glass.
On each side of the glass there is a notice that reads “Please keep quiet.”
The warnings are stuck on the same position of the glass, as if they are one piece of paper with two faces to two directions like Janus.
The boy and the girl are each reading a book at the same table, not knowing what the other is reading.
Most of these are what I see when I am sitting by desk, and some are added on the basis of what I have seen.
I am still by the desk, at home, as this Saturday is going by with the sunrays,
                  May 8, 2011



  用“在”字造句

我坐在桌前,在小房间里,对着一堵白墙。
我在家。
阳光在我的窗外。
一群大男孩在小区对面的草地上。
他们在踢球。
我不在写字的时候,我抬起头,低头看着他们在草地上追跑。
我知道总还有一些人在绿地那一边的楼里,不过我看不穿那蓝色的玻璃墙。
无论我是否在看,他们中肯定有些人也在看那些人踢球。
我不在对面的楼里。
在星期六,许多人会走进那座楼,在公共图书馆里阅读。
他们坐在那些长长的桌子两边,长桌中间隔着一块毛玻璃。
一个男孩和一个女孩坐在这样的一张桌子两边,被一块毛玻璃分开。
在玻璃的每一面,都贴着一张字条,上面写着“请保持安静”。
那两张告示贴在同一个位置,好像是同一张纸条,有两张脸,向着两个方向。
那男孩和那女孩在同一张桌子旁读书,不知道对方在读什么。
这些大多是我坐在桌前看到的,有一些是我在看到的基础上添加的。
我还在桌前,在家,周六正在随阳光消逝。
            2011年5月8-9日

No comments: