Sunday, November 29, 2009

Yu Nu: Four Poems

-->
  So I Think
       by Yu Nu (1966-)  tr. Fan Jinghua
I want to lead
The life of a seed that won’t sprout
In a glass utensil and keep looking out
Some suspended particulates and a grain of stone
Make the state of my mind. You say
That is dirt, that is ghost
      May 19, 2003
  这样想着
我要过一种
不发芽的种子的生活
在玻璃器皿里,望着外面
一些悬浮物和一颗石头
那是我的心情。你说
那是土,那是幽灵
  2003.5.19

  In Solitude
       by Yu Nu (1966-)  tr. Fan Jinghua
When in solitude, I do not like using language.
A bear and a parrot are sitting
At two ends of a see-saw.
The see-saw tilts. Many things
Are not to be weighed; I am a bear and you are parrots.
I am this bear, and I do not use
Your language.
        July 20, 2003
  孤独时
孤独时我不喜欢使用语言。
一头熊和一只鹦鹉坐在
跷跷板的两头
跷跷板朝一头翘起。很多东西
没办法称量,我是熊你们是鹦鹉。
我是这头熊我不使用
你们的语言。
      2003.7.20

  Inattentive
       by Yu Nu (1966-)  tr. Fan Jinghua
A few birds are flying over the river
As if the expanse of the water is because of them
As if the wind, wave and the chaos between sky and earth are because of them
I forget this place
Get rid of the surroundings to chase them
        April 7, 2004
  旁骛

几只鸟在江面上飞
仿佛江面的宽阔是因为它们
仿佛风、浪和天地间的混沌也是因为它们
我忘了这里
脱离周围的事物去追它们
    2004.4.7

  To Climb a Wall at Midnight
       by Yu Nu (1966-)  tr. Fan Jinghua
I climb a wall at midnight
The wall is high, and often I drop at half-way
To the base. My spirit is low and bad, like
A face that grits its teeth
      June 14, 2004
  半夜去爬墙
半夜去爬墙
墙很高,我往往爬到一半就掉下来
在墙根下,我的心情糟透了,像咬牙
切齿的面容
      2004.6.14
About the poet
  Yu Nu (Yu being his family name, 1966-) changed his original given name into Nu (Angry) in 1992, because he wanted to show his despise toward the inertia and low-brow popular taste of poetry-writing of the time. He then started experimenting with what he calls “chaotic” writing. He is considered to be at the front of contemporary avant-garde Chinese poetry.

No comments: