Monday, November 9, 2009

Baima Cuomu: Three poems

Three poems by Baima Cuomu
白玛 诗三首

  I See a Tipsy Hummingbird
             By Baima Cuomu   tr. Fan Jinghua
Pushing open the window, I see no hollering blue sea
But a hummingbird tipsy in the sunlight
With its needlelike happiness and needlelike pain. I see
Tipsy hummingbirds anchoring in the sunlight, like grains of sand.
          Oct. 18, 2009


  我看见微醉的蜂鸟
           白玛
推开窗子,没有蔚蓝色大海在呼喊
我看见微醉的蜂鸟在阳光里
针状幸福、针状痛。我看见
微醉的蜂鸟停泊在阳光里如沙砾
          2009年10月18日

  Luckily I am only a tall tale for you
It is said that I only sing on the midnight sea surface, and never have a drop of tears
If I sink into remembering, I would dance, and there is not a single star
Seeing my pain. There is not a single traveler from a foreign land
Showing his unclouded smile. No eyes gaze at the flower of storm in my palm.
                 Sept. 12, 2009

  所幸我只是你的传说
           白玛
传说我只在午夜的海面上唱歌,从没有泪水
如果陷入回忆,我就跳舞,没有一颗星星
看见我的疼痛。没有一个异乡人
展现他清朗的笑容。没有视线停留于我掌心的风暴之花
         2009年9月12日


    Being Present
            By Baima   tr. Fan Jinghua
Those flowers that crawl and cry on the ground, I am not among them.
I am an absentee, with a snake-like waist, gnashing my teeth
For the spring that comes late. I am also the beloved of gold, disowned
From the whitefly clan. Such a eulogy is enough to cause deafness.

One day, I struck a piece of luck and lost my way. No one ever looked along the road.
Burying myself in the drunken Orion, peeping at language’s hidden arsenal,
Walking past the summer, and annoying winter, and then seeing the unaccountable
Disquieting spring. Even if my mouth is clogged by rice straw, I would say: I am present.


    在场
         白玛
那匍匐在大地上哭泣的花朵中没有我
我是那水蛇腰的缺席者,为着迟来的春天
咬牙切齿。我还是金子的意中人,是粉蝶家族的
逆子。如此溢美之词足以致聋

有一天我幸运地迷了路,没有人沿途寻找
埋伏于醉酒的猎户星座,偷窥被暗藏的语言的枪支
走过夏天,又走过恼人的冬天,又迎来莫名其妙的
躁动的春光。纵使拿稻草堵住嘴巴,也要说:我在场



           Baima in Tibet Sept. 2009


About the Poet 诗人简介
 Baima, or Baima Cuomu, born in Shandong in 1972, began publishing poems as early as at the age of 16. She had been in the army in Beijing, and lived in Jiangsu, Beijing and Lhasa. She now lives in Linyi, Shandong. She authors a poetry book The Messenger on the Way, and co-authors a poetry book We Seven. Baima is a fiercely confident poet, but chooses to key very low-keyed. I believe she is among the top dozen of women poets of contemporary China.
 白玛,或白玛措木,1972年生于山东,早在16岁时便发表诗歌。她曾在北京服役,居住过江苏、北京、拉萨,现居山东临沂。出版过个人诗集《信使在途中》、合集《我们柒》。白玛是一个非常自信的诗人,但是选择一种非常低调的生活,游离于所谓的诗坛。我相信她是中国当代最优秀的一打女诗人之一。

No comments: