Friday, October 2, 2009

Fan Jinghua: Claire de Lune

    Claire de Lune

I can invest more time on waiting and love than those
Younger than the man resurrected at 33.
Now, I can finally try not to point at a man among men,
But at a white-headed springy reed in the wind, not feeling guilty
For not remembering a single parable when my mind suddenly goes blank.
No, I will not point at the empty reed and say "Look! There is a bird!"
Instead, I'll hum a spontaneous variation to the tune of "Claire de Lune,"
With nasals and teeth clinks, as if on a string and piano ensemble.
Yes, I hear my own bones, but there is something that, alone and invisible,
Remains whole, like a deaf grandmother's smile.
When you are back at your childhood home, you naturally forget
Your friends are far away. They are everywhere.
                 October 1, 2009


    月光清朗

我能花更长的时间用于爱与等待,
小于三十三岁的人将无法
与我相比。那是复活的门槛。

如今,我已能不再总想指着人中的人,
而会指着一棵在风中起伏的一头白发的芦苇,
哪怕头脑突然一片空白,无法说出
任何一个譬喻,我也毫无羞愧。

我已不会指着那空白的芦苇杆:
“看啊!那儿有一只鸟”,我会哼一个曲子,
对德彪西的《月光清朗》即兴变奏,
鼻音和磕牙声,犹如钢琴与小型乐队。

是的,我所听到的只是我的骨头
在我体内传递,但我肯定,有某些东西,
不可见,却独自完整,犹如失聪祖母的微笑。
当你回到童年的家,你自然会忘记
你的朋友在远方。他们无处不在。
             2009年10月2日

No comments: