Sunday, January 25, 2009

Fan Jinghua: New Year Resolution

    New Year Resolution
Bother with no big issues such as democracy and food contamination
So as to spare myself from cursing, and I’ll browse through social news only,
To find pieces for a good laugh
Or to bump into some to let out my pompous indignation
Make sure to empty my mind and schedule over the desk
Once a fortnight, for a few hours or a whole night, to stay awake
Chatting with you, but open to anything and embrace whatever to come
When we have a few free days, we’d go to a place, any place, on an impulse
Bringing no luggage, not for sightseeing but for not seeing or being seen
So that we can have only ourselves to recollect
I’ll write many poems about it, distorting the details a little at a time
Until you cannot recognize yourself in it
And even I think you were another woman I had an affair with
I am so in love but, no, I will never tell
         Jan. 25, 2009

          Changi Airport, Singapore (Nov. 17, 2008)

   新年愿望

绝不为民主与食物污染之类的大事而烦恼
免得自己失口,因咒骂而招致诅咒
只浏览社会新闻,找点笑话
或者撞上某些怪事,以释放我华而不实的义愤
然后每两周就清空一次心思和书桌上的日程安排
几个小时甚至彻夜与你不眠
闲聊,但对随性而至的一切都敞开胸怀
若有几天充分的自由,便凭着一时之兴去某处,任何地方
都行,不为了看风景,而恰恰是为了不看也不被看见
那么我们就会有只属于我们的记忆
我将会写一首又一首诗,每次扭曲一点细节
直到你无法在其中认出自己
甚至我也以为那是另一个女人,一场艳遇
我爱得多么热烈,但是,哦,我不会告诉你
         2009年1月25日

No comments: