Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Fan Jinghua: Nightly I Hear Your Voice

  Nightly I Hear Your Voice

How does it come, after so many bitter fights,
that I begin to love you with a heart of clouds?
I cannot touch it.

Nightly, I hear the flakes of sound from the sky,
like a sleepless cat and a rat creaking to each other,
at the opposite sides of a back alley. This is their permanent address.

Here, broth from curbside dumpsters winds toward the centre
Like roads to Rome, and disappears.
There is whitish grease on the manhole cover.

Who is out there? Who has always been there,
hunchbacked, from dusk to dawn, till
the last star dissolves?
        Feb. 3, 2008; June 8, 2008

  夜夜我听到你的声音

经过了多少苦涩的挣扎
我开始能够爱你
心如一朵云,自己都无法抚摸

夜夜,我听到声音的雪片
像失眠的猫与老鼠
隔着一条巷子吱吱,而谁都不离开

巷檐下,罐子破了,浓汤
扭曲着拐向中央的低处
在窨井盖上留下一层油腻

谁在那冷处?谁一直
在那儿?驼着背,从黄昏
踱步到清晨,直到最后一颗星星隐没
     2008年6月8日改写自2月3日的原作

No comments: