Monday, May 5, 2008

Lyre: For You

  For You
     Lyre tr. Fan Jinghua
This is the landscape we have never seen before.
In front of her face, I forgive your lack of luster,
And I’ll leave you alone in the sun and free
to shed as many tears as you like.

After the supper smoke dissolves behind us, god will
have washed you clean and returned you to me.

Mountains and rivers meander as ever, and I no longer permit you
to be broken once again. Your white name under the blue
starry sky will broaden the water
        March 11, 2008

   给你
      莱耳
这是我们从未见过的景色
在她面前,我原谅你的黯淡
让你一个人呆着,阳光下
流很多的眼泪

我们身后的炊烟散去,神
洗净你,并把你还给我

山河婉转,我不许你再破碎
蓝色星空下,你白色的名字
使河水更辽阔
        2008年3月11日
              Lyre 莱耳
About the poet:
Lyre, born in the 1960s, is the founder and sole sponsor of the poetry website (poemlife.com), perhaps the most influential poetry website in China. Her poems appear in various magazines and anthologies, and she herself is the editor-in-chief of the annual anthology (two volumes published) and monthly e-magazine (over 60 issues) of poemlife website. She lives in Shenzhen, Guangzhou.
作者:莱耳是诗歌网站“诗生活”的站长,该网站或许是中国最有影响的诗歌专业网站。她是《诗生活年选》(已出两卷)以及《诗生活网刊》(已出60多期)的主编;她的诗歌发表于多种诗刊,并收入多部诗选。现居深圳。

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

this reminds me of my 乳名 叶梅. And my father used to call me ' mei mei'... I always puzzled as why he was calling me 'sister sister...' lol...