Monday, January 21, 2008

Fan Jinghua: Night Drive

  Night Drive

I was driving along the middle lane
And saw in the wing mirror
Two headlamps ogling behind
I gave it a wink with my taillights
The white line rolled up by my side but never consummated into a circle
That car dashed up from my left
Smile for smile, eye to eye, but no desire to know where to go
It was a long and lonely journey in the dark with a little rise and fall
But we both knew there was danger running abreast
One had to outdistance the other
Before we branched out, saying goodbye for good
We exchanged another smile, with something mutually enigmatic and knowable
We had agreed to different speed requirements when driving on different lanes
And then the red taillights winked three times in my searchlights and disappeared
                   Jan. 6, 2008
                   Jan. 13, 2008

   夜行

沿着中间车道行驶
看到后视镜里
两只车前灯的媚眼越抛越明媚
我眨着尾灯回应
虚白线从下面滚上来,却从未卷成圆圈
车子便从我的上手俯冲过来

终于对上了眼,以微笑回应微笑,但都没有问你到哪里
黑夜的路延伸着孤独,偶尔起伏
但我们明白并驾齐驱必然危险
我们必须赶在分道扬镳之前
有一个人主动拉开距离
我们又交换了一次微笑,那含混的意味似乎能够明白
我们行于不同车道时,已经接受不同的速度要求

然后那红色的尾灯在我的探照灯里挤了三次眼,消失在黑夜
             2008年1月15日

No comments: