Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Once, A Pool of Words...

  Once, A Pool of Words...

In books, the water between one continent and another is shallow
Moonlight soaks the wrinkles of wavelets, lawns and beaches
I refrain myself from stepping on them, but I look at them
And turn to look at them again, thinking of mailing them to the distant

I can be happy to become a leaf, like a small punt, lying under
The sky far and blue, not knowing where the water runs
But you should not recline on the couch in your big balcony
For who knows what poisonous dust the meteors may drop

I have given up many habits, and still keep some
And I do not spell them out, so you may think about them
And want to share the happiness upon touching the intangible tangibility

There are words that are meant to be read in different time and space only
They are the islands of cloud, when you read yours and I read mine
Sometimes after a dream, sometimes before the darkness shrouds all
                 Dec. 22, 2009


  曾经一片文字
         [To --]
书上的大陆与大陆之间,水很浅
月光洇透了细浪、草坪与沙滩
我忍足不去,却看了又看
还转头再看,想着可以寄给远方

其实,我乐于是一片叶子的平底船
不问水的方向,只是仰卧在杳阔的天下
但你可不能倚躺在阳台上
谁知道流星会丢落怎样有毒的尘埃

我戒了很多习惯,还留一些不说出来
也留给你想一想什么叫若有若无的灰色
抚摸到不可触及的实在而渴望分享喜悦

有些字生来就是为了在不同的时空读的
那是云的岛屿,你看你的,我看我的
有时在梦醒后,有时在夜幕蒙住一切之前
          2009年12月22日

No comments: