Sunday, March 8, 2009

Fan Jinghua: The Door of Fear

   The Door of Fear

For thirty years, the empty door frames my mind,
my whole-hearted expectation and aversion,
And I breathe the putrid air in the threshold, surviving on the vision
of a white shaft of solid light.
A glimpse setting on my sight hard
or a vision blooming in my closed eyes
can easily take me down, leaving the tiny rivet of my will paralyzed
on the hinge in the window-frame.

The door frames emptiness, and my fear fills it;
Sometimes I peep into a mirror,
only to find real white light there to rub my fear.
Then, countless mushrooms fall from the sky
like paratrooper-bodybombs,
as the dying day is folded back upon the impending night,
one sheet of negative upon another;
black-and-white images of stars, clouds, the moon, the sun and trees
superimpose each other and are slit by a black fork of lightning.

You have known long ago
what I need is the unexpected, so I can
appease myself with the most unattainable facts,
such as a smiling silhouette stuck in the door;
even if it is a vampire or a resurrected green-eyed ghost,
I will embrace it into my bare arms and breast
like a reincarnation of my daemon lover.
              March 8, 2009

   恐惧之门

三十年来,那敞开的空门
框着我的情不自禁,排斥与痴心,
而我,呼吸着门槛内的腐浊,因为
预见到一柱宽厚的白光而暗自生长。
时时突袭我视觉的一瞥或黑暗中绽放的幻象
能够很轻易地将我拿下,我意志的小铆钉
瘫痪在窗户的铰链上。

那扇门框住了一方空无,而我的恐惧将它充满;
有时,我偷窥一面镜子,
竟发现那里有真正的白色之光,
镜子撺弄它,摩擦我的恐惧。
于是,无数的蘑菇从天而降,
犹如人肉炸弹的伞兵,
正在消逝的白昼被折叠在逼近的黑夜上,
如两张底片,月日星云与树木的黑白影像
相互覆盖,被闪电的黑叉子撕开。

你早知我需要的是意外,
惟有如此我才能
抚慰自己,以最不可能的事实;
例如,一个堵在门口的笑面剪影;
即便那是一只吸血鬼或者贪婪的绿眼鬼,
我也会赤膊拥抱
犹如那是我冤死的梦中情人附身于一个陌生人。
          2009年3月8日

No comments: