Thursday, January 1, 2009

Fan Jinghua: Reflection

   Reflection
Staring long at the window, the eyes grow a wing,
Attached to the glass, fluttering for another.
The symmetrical space parenthesizes potentials
For flying, every feathertip throbbing
With a drop of light.

You have always said that my poems are not easy to follow,
And you use the knife of eyes to break up the lines, chewing
Words, every single of them. Yes, you are right.
If I can ever reach you, it can never be through lines
But through dots of words.
I am a bowl repairer, collecting the shiny dots
To rivet the night together.

A scientific truth:
No one can see anything if it does not reflect light.
How about motion? And emotion?
This wing articulates, at a small distance, with the glass, and it sounds.
The other one moves without a hiss, beyond the glass hinge.

At night, my only wing is permeated, heavy like a mouse-tail.
Night is a mammal touch on my crotch, an enduring lure,
The closest comfort, like warm liquid.

If you are behind me, please do not do catwalk,
For you will step on my dream
When you forget to split your legs a little.
Even if I believe in your merciful limbs,
I have no faith in men’s gaze.

What do you expect to seep from the glass between me and night,
The night in which you can be a phantom or an angel?
My eyes are a sprayer that atomizes temptation of melancholia,
And nothing can calm me like the heave of glittering fog,
In which I can see my endless flying with you.
When you flap in the midair,
Do you see yourself a mannequin swimming in the wind?
             Dec. 26, 2008; January 1, 2009

    映像
盯着窗子看久了,眼睛生出
一只翅膀,粘在玻璃上,习习
如波浪,等待另一只虚幻地浮现。
这对称的空间令人神出于黑夜,
感觉自己飞翔的潜能,羽毛尖上
一排颤悠悠的光珠。

你总是说我的诗行不易尾随,
你用眼光的刀子将它们裁成一截一截,
咀嚼那些词儿,直至每一个字。
是的,你说得不错。
如果我沿着诗行,就永不可能
抵达你,我只能借助虚线的点。
我采集那些断裂的闪光,
犹如一个补碗者,用铆钉粘合黑夜。

这是科学常识:
不反光的物体没有人能够看见。
那么感动呢?深情呢?
这只翅膀隔着小小的距离连接到玻璃上,发出声音;
另一只在玻璃的铰链外,翕动,
不闻一丝风声。

黑夜中,我惟一的翅膀被浸湿了,沉重
如一根老鼠尾巴,
夜晚如哺乳动物的触摸落在我的裆下,温水一般,
不消的诱惑,最亲近的舒适。

如果你在我身后,请不要走猫步,免得你忘记
要稍稍分开双腿,以免践踏我的梦。
即便我相信你四肢善良,
我却对男人们的凝视没有信心。

你期待我与黑夜之间的玻璃能够渗滴出什么?
在这黑夜中,你可能是幻影,也可能是天使。
我双眼的喷雾器喷出忧郁症的诱惑,
而这世上最令我安宁的
莫过于一大片裹挟着光粒的雾。
我在雾中看到映像,看到我与你没有终点的同飞。
当你在半空中划动四肢,
你是否看到一只服装模型在乘风游泳?
          2009年1月1日


   Reflection
Staring long at the window, the eyes
Grow a wing
Attached to the glass, fluttering
For another.
The symmetrical space parenthesizes
Potentials for flying,
Every feathertip throbbing
With a drop of light.

You have always said that my poems are
Not easy to follow,
And you use the knife of eyes
To break up the lines, you chewing
Words, every single of them.
Yes, you are right.
If I can ever reach you,
It can never be
Through lines but through dots
Of words.
I am a bowl repairer,
Collecting the shiny dots
To rivet the night together.

A scientific truth:
No one can see anything if it does not
Reflect light.
How about motion?
And emotion?
This wing articulates, at a small distance, with the glass,
And it sounds.
The other one moves without a hiss,
Beyond the glass hinge.

At night, my only wing is permeated,
Heavy like a mouse-tail.
Night is a mammal touch on my crotch,
An enduring lure, the closest
Comfort, like warm liquid.

If you are behind me, please
Do not do catwalk, for you will step
On my dream
When you forget to split your legs
A little.
Even if I believe in your merciful limbs,
I have no faith in men’s gaze.

What do you expect to seep from the glass
Between me and night,
The night in which you can be a phantom or an angel?
My eyes are a sprayer that atomizes
Temptation of melancholia,
And nothing can calm me
Like the heave of glittering fog,
In which I can see
My endless flying with you.
When you flap in the midair,
Do you see yourself
A mannequin swimming in the wind?
             Dec. 26, 2008; January 1, 2009

   映像
盯着窗子看久了,眼睛
生出一只翅膀,
粘在玻璃上,习习
如波浪,等待另一只
虚幻地浮现。
这对称的空间令人神出于黑夜,
感觉自己飞翔的潜能,
羽毛尖上
一排颤悠悠的光珠。

你总是说我的诗行
不易尾随,
你用眼光的刀子
将它们裁成一截一截,
你咀嚼词儿,
直至每一个字。
是的,你说得不错。如果我
沿着诗行,就永不可能
抵达你,
我只能借助虚线的点。
我采集
那些断裂的闪光,
犹如一个补碗者,
用铆钉粘合黑夜。

这是科学常识:
不反光的物体
没有人
能够看见。
那么感动呢?
深情呢?
这只翅膀
隔着小小的距离
连接到玻璃上,
发出声音;
另一只
在玻璃的铰链外,翕动,
不闻一丝风声。

黑夜中,我惟一的翅膀
被浸湿了,沉重
如一根老鼠尾巴,
夜晚如哺乳动物的触摸
落在我的裆下,温水一般,
不消的诱惑,
最亲近的舒适。

如果你在我身后,请不要
走猫步,免得你忘记
要稍稍分开双腿,
以免践踏我的梦。
即便我相信你四肢善良,
我却对男人们的凝视
没有信心。

你期待我与黑夜之间的玻璃
能够渗滴出什么?
你在这黑夜中可能是幻影
也可能是天使。
我双眼的喷雾器
喷出忧郁症的诱惑,
而这世上最令我安宁的
莫过于一大片裹挟着光粒的雾。
我在雾中看到映像,看到
我与你没有终点的同飞。
当你在半空中划动四肢,
你是否看到
一只服装模型在乘风游泳?
          2009年1月1日

No comments: