Saturday, November 22, 2008

Fan Jinghua: Expecting a Friend

  Expecting a Friend

You messaged me of your coming, but
When did you have the impulse and whether you can make it?
Anyway, I have washed teapot and teacups, waiting.
We will have enough silence for kungfu tea.
Under the persimmon tree where the teaware is drying,
I seem to be standing in your garden, watching
You walking toward my direction, and suddenly
Your coming looks like leaving,
While I hold my usual big glass, tealeaves rising and sinking.
The sunlight is reddish,
The earthenware looks warm, but it can be that
They have just been used,
And the guests gone.
I expect you will get here with nightfall.
           Nov. 21, 2008

  等待访客
你短信说想来看我,我便想着
准备点什么,还有,你怎么
突然有此冲动,你是否真的会来。
反正我已洗好了紫砂壶和杯子,
我们将有很长的沉默用于功夫茶。
茶具在柿子树下风干,我站着,等你,
恍惚间觉得自己正站在你的院子里,
看你的背影走向我的方向;
于是,你的来就已经成了你的离去。
我手拿常用的大玻璃杯,茶叶有沉有浮,
而夕阳正红,茶具上一层温暖,
它们看来又像刚刚被人用过,
客人都已走了。
我正在等你随着夜色到来。
        2008年11月22日

No comments: