Saturday, October 18, 2008

Fan Jinghua: The Shape

   The Shape
In the beginning was a shape which I fumbled for its contour with a mind to describe,
and you, with blue stockings covering your knees, had known of it from books.
The shape is in constant change,
written words about it do not tell, and my talking does not mean and stand.
It is the strokes of those words that sign tiny crosses on my flesh,
their sound echoing in my bones.
The repetition of lightning. The rings of shiver over shiver.
You breathe into the shape, you breathe as you breathe,
and the shape takes shapes that betray my touch,
for my touch is preoccupied with constant contours.
But you are dearer to me than you think,
and you are cherished more than you believe.
               Oct. 16, 2008

   形状
起初,那是一个形状,我摸索其轮廓,想着描述,
而你,兰袜子穿到了膝盖以上,已从很多书籍中得知。
那形状在恒动地改变着,
有关它的所有文字都无法说出,我空口说话,意义没有着落。
那些字的笔画在我的肉中写下无数小小的十字,
它们的声音在我骨头中回响。
闪电的重复。颤栗的波浪一圈又一圈。
你将呼吸呼入那形状,你只是在呼吸,
那形状于是变成各种形状,背叛我的触摸,
我的触觉已经被恒常的轮廓预先占有。
但你是我的所亲所爱,比你认为的还要亲爱;
也有人珍惜你,比你相信的还要弥足。
           2008年10月18日

No comments: