Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Fan Jinghua: Relationship

   Relationship

The Filipino maid pushes a wheelchair, which is loaded
With an old lady who appears to be recovering from a stroke,
As if she is pushing a cart of the thickest coldness out of last night.
Looks like she is definitely below 18.

I ride slowly in the morning fragrance and colors,
After dropping off my kid at his school gate who is much higher than her.
When I turn my head, her straying eyes catch mine;
That meeting of eyes is too short to mean any communication.

I turn my head again, feeling an acute shame
For the thought that someday
She would grow as old as her employer.
             September 10, 2008

    关系

她推着轮椅,轮椅上装着一个康而未复的中风老太
像从夜里推出一车最浓的寒意
看起来那菲佣肯定不到十八岁

我将比她高出许多的儿子放在校门口,骑着空车
享受清晨的香味和色彩,慢慢地超过了她们
我回头时,被她到处看的眼睛看到了

那短暂的对视绝不可能意味着任何交流
而我一转头就感到羞耻,因为我想到将有一天
她会像她的雇主一样衰老
          2008年9月10日

No comments: