Monday, July 14, 2008

Fan Jinghua: An Email

    An Email

Re: What to say
Dear
If a word is to be used only by what it connotes, the word
by which I can and should call you
has not come into being
There are always words that do not show themselves in this world
in this world of beings with societal features
and I wish I am not a human of flesh
I have been writing about someone as something, all these years
I wrote of something too dear to be poked by fire-tongs
something to be kept burning unexposed, growing in and inward
What I've written is only the air
that takes away the mould on that tiny flowerless plant
and the air brings dust
           July 14, 2008

(汉译)

  一封电邮

关于:说什么
亲爱的
如果一个词只能按其内涵而使用
我可以并且应该用来称呼你的
那个词,还没有出现
有很多词不会在这个世界显示出自己
充满这世界的人都长着社会的五官
而我只希望自己没有肉身
这些年来,我一直把人当作事书写
我写到有某种东西太珍贵,不该被火钳拨动
它应该暗自燃烧,不见光,在内部向内生长
我写出来的文字只是空气
带走了那棵小小的无花植物上的霉气
又为它带来灰尘
            2008年7月14日

No comments: