Sunday, June 22, 2008

SU Qian: 4 Poems

4 Poems by SU Qian



 苏浅 诗4首英译



  命名大鹿岛
         苏浅
风吹来
人流落在荒岛上,水是很久以前的事情了
我现在的角色,是把
草,恢复成
蓬勃,但不能太丰富,太美

  To Name an Island Called Big Deer
         by SU Qian tr. Fan Jinghua
Wind blows in
Men are strayed on this deserted island, and water is a thing of long ago
My present role is
to turn grasses back into their state
of vim and vigor, but they should be neither too plentiful nor too beautiful

  隔壁之远
         苏浅

邻居在另一扇门后面
邻居在自己的锁里
邻居从不使用我的钥匙
只在薄薄的相遇与陌路之间
与我隔着墙
仿佛苹果,挨着梨

  The Next Door Is Distant
         by SU Qian tr. Fan Jinghua
The next-door neighbor is behind another door
The neighbor is in her own lock
She never uses my key
There is a wall between us
Among thin layers of meetings as mutual strangers
Like an apple next to a pear

  无题
       苏浅

敲很久
直到确信没有人

我就更猛烈地敲
这寂寞的房子
我想,门会自己打开

  Untitled
         by Su Qian tr. Fan Jinghua

Knock for quite long
Till I am certain there is no one in

So that I knock still harder
On this house of solitude
I guess, the door will open by itself


  让流逝的流逝
         苏浅
我看见流星了
我的心向它迅速涌起而它坠落

  Let What Is Elapsing Elapse
         by SU Qian tr. Fan Jinghua
As I see a shooting star
My heart swells up a surge to it but it dives instead



About the Poet:
  SU Qian (pronounced as Chian) was born in early 1970 in Liaoning Province of Northeastern China.

No comments: