Monday, December 31, 2007

Fan Jinghua: Poem

  Poem
     To Zhao Dongni
Was I offered a poem to write
When you, in response to my desire to learn
From your clarified self-effacement
In a place, a plant or an insect,
Sent me a strange phrase of four characters
And asked me to repeat?
I did, over and over, in different
Combinations of intonation,
Like an illiterate doing a litany,
Until I forgot the pursuit of meaning.
Then I thought of you in the northern coldness
And you take the much-lower-than-here temperature
As warmth, and I am so close to you.
Have I written a poem?
       Dec. 28, 2007


  
     致DN
我对你说,要学习你
澄明的无我,在某地某物之中,
而你寄来一个四字的陌生短语
让我跟着遥远的你重复。
那是否是一个启示:
有一首诗待我去写?
我一次又一次默读,
用不同的音调组合,
犹如一个文盲复诵祷文,
直到忘记了它们是否有什么意思。
然后我想到你在北国的寒冷中
将远远低于我这儿的气温
当作温暖,于是我感到与你如此接近。
我写下的是一首诗吗?
       2007年12月28日晨

No comments: