Monday, November 19, 2007

Fan Jinghua: Ice Cream Peddler

Ice Cream Peddler

Ice-cream! Ice-cream!
The sun is scorching, I see you coming
Without an umbrella or a hat,
The swing of handbag dangling
Down from your armpit at your serpentine waist,
You are too beautiful to be screened by a sunblocking shawl.
(Something round about her makes my heart pounding.)
Oh, what flavour do you like? What color?
… As you please, it can be free.
(How ivory are these legs, two! Mine are elephant’s.
My eyes drooping, aching and itching)
There, take the cone,
(I scoop out of my heart and brain, oh,
And I would never expect to see
Her smile at the sweating me instead of the freezing cream)
Thank you, and such a day!
(My palm opens to receive the weight of coins from her feathery hand,
If it is a paper note, it is my luck)
You turn, and slowly you go away; I imagine
You lick with your cat tongue,
You suck and hold it in mouth as if it is too hot,
And off you go, to someone wealthy and handsome.
I am here to shake my bell: ice-cream, sweet!
               Nov. 19 2007

   小贩
冰淇淋,冰淇淋!
太阳像火一样烤人,我看见你走来
没撑伞,也没戴帽子,坤包带从腋窝
荡下秋千,抚摩着你的水蛇腰,
这么漂亮,可不能用遮阳的披肩盖住线条。
(她身上有某种圆润令我心悸)
哦,您喜欢什么口味?什么颜色?
……随您的便,可以免费奉送。
(这大腿多么象牙,两条!而我的是大象。
我的眼睛低垂,又疼又痒)
好了,拿好蛋筒,
(上面堆放的是我剜出来的心和脑子呵,
我当然不会以为
她的微笑是冲着汗渍渍的我,而非仅仅因为结冰的霜糊)
谢谢您,哦,这天!
(我的手掌向上,等待承接硬币滑出她纤手的重量,
如果是一张纸币,那将是我幸运的一天)
你转身,慢慢地去了,我想象你
用猫一样的舌头舔,
满嗍一口,含在嘴里,似乎它很烫……
你悠悠地远了,走向某个英俊而富有的人。
我只能在这里,摇着铃铛:冰淇淋,甜到心!
             2007年11月19日

No comments: