Thursday, November 27, 2014

Fan Jinghua: Questioning

   Questioning
Tell me: Have you recently had any contact
With the two women and the man?
They are dangerously contagious, you know.
Okay, I will ask no more, since you are not answering.
The fact is, I am afraid of be affected by your silence.

I have been silent for quite some time,
And I am even hoping to silence all my said words.
They were probably about two women and a man,
 But most often, they did not hear or read of,
For I used a language that failed them.

I will ask you for the last time, for the sake
Of your sunflower eyes:
Do you understand? Are you affected?
Do you know who I am?
        Aug. 19, 2014

   
告诉我,你与那个男人和那两个女人
最近有接触吗?你应该知道,
他们危险得很,极具传染性。
好吧,你不打算回答,那我就不问了。

事实上,我也害怕被你的沉默感染。
我自己就已经沉默好长时间了,
甚至希望能够让说过的话沉默。
它们可能与两个女人和一个男人有关,
可是大多数时候,他们没听过也没读过,
因为我用另一种语言,辜负了他们。

你有向日葵似的眼睛,看在它们的份上,
我要问你最后一次:
你明白吗?你被感染了吗?
你知道我是谁吧?

      2014819

No comments: