Monday, February 21, 2011

Fan Jinghua: Self-Distanciation

    Self-Distanciation

Pull me closer to rub off my desire for you, let me lean
Against your bubble; besiege me with those luscious Greek goddesses
Etched on the cold ground glass walls
Whitewash me with the paint of social conduct, layer upon layer, coating my
Self that has grown into my flesh and veins, until I am airtight
And bloated with the muzak of subliminal knowledge about the way of the world

My arms dare not open to let into my bosom
The lower fever of the surreality of your dream
This is also not geomantically auspicious for self-conservation
Blood-colored sunrays shower on the beach of your words and wishes
Untrodden, where I breeze-bathe, despairingly sad
And erect like a coconut tree arced toward the lonely sea

Shroud my faculty for feeling the wind, moonlight and the sound of the tide
Cast your spell, and feed me with lotus seeds and moly juice
                 Feb. 20, 2011

    自离歌

别松手,拉我,柔韧地,让我贴着你的泡泡
搓掉我对你的欲望,在我四周竖起隔音的毛玻璃墙
把我关在丰腴的古希腊女神的蚀刻中间

用社会准则的油漆涂抹那长进了我筋脉与肌肉的自我
一层又一层地粉刷,直到我密不透风,我的内脏鼓胀
如气球,人世之道的背景音乐从意识之下潜入

我的双臂再也不必向你的梦境张开
不必让它超现实的低烧涌入我的胸怀
这也不符合风水自养的吉利

残阳如血,斜照在你言词与愿望的沙滩
这儿人迹罕至,我赤裸于风中,绝望而悲伤地挺起
犹如一棵椰子树向着独孤的大海倾斜

恳请你蒙蔽我感受海风、月光和潮音的能力
降下你的咒,喂我莲子和魔草汁
              2011年2月21日

No comments: