Thursday, April 16, 2009

Fan Jinghua: Waking up from a nap

 Waking up from a nap to find what I had seen in the dream

Must be the box of thumbtacks, paper clips and safety pins spilled
Over the carpet littered with assorted books
In this dim study I wake up and found my arms numb
How can I search all of them out and put them back without injuries
Hard to imagine there is such a momentous task in such a narrow space
The mental detector of my feet scans between the books to expand
A safety zone so I then lie prone
The hardness of my lower part not yet back to reality
I shore myself up on elbows and wait for my eyes
To see the tiny flowers and mushrooms relocated
While wondering who sneaked in to fumble for what during my nap
Did you who eluded me in the dream and flurried back hair disheveled come here
Oh, however varied the pins may be, they are for papers
Unable to pin down any sheet or frame of dreams
               April 16, 2009


   小睡醒来看到梦中所见

地毯上细碎的形状与色彩
肯定是那盒图钉、别针、大头针、回形针
我从小卧榻上醒来
手麻木了,该如将它们找齐、送回,而且毫无伤害
难以想象这样的逼仄中竟隐含如此宏大的任务
我用赤脚的探雷器在姿态各异的书籍中扫出一片安全区
然后匍匐着身子
下体的坚硬还没回到现实
我双肘撑起自己,等待
眼睛适应这幽暗的书房,看清这艳阳下的碎花与小蘑菇
谁在我眼皮下翻找什么呢
难道你在梦中躲开我,然后慌手慌脚地回去,头发凌乱
就是来了这里
种类再多,也只能夹纸,一小片梦都按不住
            2009年4月16日

No comments: