Monday, January 19, 2009

Fan Jinghua: To A Distant Friend

  To A Distant Friend
Nightly, your eyes grow a thousand ivy hands
To hold you, raise you and sail you
Into the sphere reigned only by a half-moon
You are dragged along toward the hustling of the dawn and sunlight
With a few stars watching you at the sky’s edge
Where I am too looking up
How distant I am from the compact branchy text of yours
Unlike any knurly pine or overbearing oak
I hold on to the window-frame and tiptoe for several times
And still I cannot fly a bit
Deep as it is outside, it provides no lift force
The red maple leave snuggles close against the wall before my desk
And stays up the whole night with me
Wordless, with tangible veins
        Jan. 19, 2009


  致一位远方的朋友

你的眼睛伸出一千只藤蔓的手
拥着你,也托起你
在月亮独自占据的水域
向着阳光与嘈杂航行
而几颗星星的小漩涡散在水边
我头顶着一颗,仰望
那篇风姿摇曳的散文,疏密有致
不似冷硬狰狞的雪松
我离它多么远啊,我拉着窗框
欠了好几次脚,还是不能飞起一点点来
外面那么深,却没有一丝浮力
书桌前的墙上,一片红叶俯伏着
也陪我熬了一夜
无言,但纹路清晰可触
      2009年1月19日

No comments: