Thursday, August 7, 2008

Fan Jinghua: Double-Seven Festival

  Double-Seven Festival

Every time I visit the graveyard,
It is spring.
It is quite close to your home.

An enclosure, bare and stark cement,
With grass and trees around, deciduous and evergreen.
No flowers or wreath.

And yet, I believe in love
As if believing in beasts in some unknown depth,
And I can shiver.

At dusk, I drag with me my flaccid feet and legs,
Scraping the upslope, to squeeze myself
Into the sardine-can bus for the home of concrete.

After years of marriage, on this Day of Lovers,
Do you believe in family or love?
Do you still have faith in love?

Many years ago, you left one love
For another love, and now
Which love do you believe?

In this world in need of touch,
Do you revere body or spirit? Does your heart
Palpitate when you see your own digital photos?

Today when the dusk is heavy thick again,
Will you walk the yard of the tomb,
Asking yourself: Do I believe love?

When the season turns cool,
There will be less green in your eyes,
Will you still have faith in my love?
     August 7, 2008 Double Seven Day
     (Chinese Festival of Immortal Lovers)


  七夕

因为与你家不远
那座坟墓
每次都是春天

光秃秃的小围场
有草,还有树,落叶的、不落叶的
就是没有花圈或花朵

然而我相信爱情
犹如相信我们未到的深处有野兽
所以我会颤栗

在黄昏的时候
拖着疲惫的脚上坡
挤拥挤的公共汽车与众人离去

在结婚多年后的七夕
你相信家庭还是爱情
你还相信爱情么

在你为了一人的爱情
离开另一人的爱情之后多年
你相信哪一个爱情

在这缺少抚摸的世界
你敬畏身体还是灵魂
你看着数码照片是否会心悸

今天黄昏夕阳西下的时候
你会独自走过那坟墓么
你会自问:我还相信爱情么

季节将会转凉
你眼中的绿色将逐渐减少
但你还会相信我的爱情么
        2008年8月7日

No comments: