Saturday, June 21, 2008

Nanren: Dusk

  Dusk
     by Nanren  tr. Fan Jinghua
Dearie
as dusk is falling
please walk me for a while

At this moment, with leaves fallen
the naked branches are hung with hands of clocks
With the stir of wind
an array of leaves burn its way off my feet
Those street cleaners
pick up some remains from the ground

Dearie
as dusk is falling
walk me for a while, please

Old women in the setting sun
Gazing at the backs of children going away
Are left with scattered toys they can stroke piece after piece

The dust inside the room comes through the sunlight
As I turn to look at it, full of pity
it crawls up along my legs
toward the envelope in my hand
A sigh is bumped off the bench at the distant cries of a crow

Outside the window
snow is up and downy
On the each side of the lane
ghosts housed in graves are sitting on the tops of the mounds
In the roadside trees

birds are meditating:
between the two skeletons in the tomb
who is a he
who is a she

Dearie
as dusk is falling
walk me for a while, please

Shades of human beings are wobbling in the display windows
the dark hulls drive past fast
on the road
and a train zips by
A suicide then gets up from the rails
whisking off the dirt
and toward the distance swaggering off
I reach my neck and after a touch
my hand is blood-soaked

All that are shut in during the day
are now bared, those
sounds, images, fleshes and lamps
A moth orbits around the globe for several circles in no time
and through every window
women are seen in bath

Dearie
now
as the darkness of night is clearing
walk me for a while, please

  
    南人

亲爱的
当暮色就要来临
请陪我走走

此刻 叶落
光秃秃的树枝上挂满了钟的指针
风起
一阵叶子从我的脚下焚烧过去
打扫街道的人
把一些残骸从地上捡起

亲爱的
当暮色就要来临
请陪我走走

夕阳里的老妇
望着走远的孩子
手里摸着摆了一地的玩具

屋内的灰尘从阳光里走过
我怜悯地朝它望去
它便顺着我的双腿爬上来
直爬到我手里捏着的一只信封里
板凳上的一声叹息被远处的鸦声颠掉在地

窗外雪起
窗外雪起
沿小路两侧
墓中的亡灵坐于坟顶
路边的树上

鸟在沉思
墓中的两具骨架
哪个是男
哪个是女

亲爱的
当暮色来临
请陪我走走

橱窗里人影晃动
黑黝黝的壳从马路上
匆匆驶过
火车远去
卧轨自杀的人从地上爬起
拍拍身上的泥土
朝远处扬长而去
我摸摸自己的脖子
满手是血

白天关闭的
此刻都裸露着
那些声音 画面 肉体以及灯
一只飞蛾顷刻间绕地球仪飞了几圈
从所有的窗户里都可以看见
女人在洗澡

亲爱的
此刻
当夜色已尽
请陪我走走

No comments: